Monday, April 5, 2010

Kiki Strike Inside The Shadow City

Kiki Strike  Inside The Shadow City
By: Kirsten Miller
***** 5 Star

Life will never be the same for Ananka Fishbein after she ventures into an enormous sink hole near her New York City apartment. Ananka knows she has stumbled upon a big secret,  but she has no idea exactly how big. Not only does she discover the Shadow City beneath Manhattan's bustling streets, she meets the mysterious Kiki Strike, a black-clad, vespa-riding, cafe-au-lait-drinking girl who seems to appear and vanish like magic. Join these girls in a battle against man-eating rats, team up with delinquent Girl Scouts, and explore a underground labyrinth  in this novel about a darker side of New York City you have just begun to know about.

You are going to start seriously thinking I am a softie and don't give any books low ratings. But there are reasons. I am reviewing books from my favorite section like I told you in my profile. But once in awhile I'll review a not-so-good book.
Anyway, this novel was exceptional! I'll actually admit, that for awhile after I read the book, I was dressing all in black, but then my friends started to think I was beginning to dress on the darker side, so I stopped. Kiki Strike was my idol, I actually was hoping to ride a Vespa, (haven't gotten to it yet). Besides her hobbies and fashion sense, I also loved her confidence, how she just had that "No fear" attitude 24-7. This book is unique and it made even me wish there was a giant sink hole near my house too.
This book also got me started on other books with that discover-a-secret-city topic, like The Night Tourist, (see review on my blog). So read this book, and if you can, try an Au Lait and tell me how it tastes.
If you would like to order this book, go to Kiki Strike.com


                                                                         -Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment